What to bring with you to your immigration medical exam?
- Valid, government issued picture ID such as a driver’s license or passport (preferred).
- Proof of prior vaccinations.
- Please bring an interpreter if needed.
The Immigration Medical Exam
The full INS immigration medical exam requires 4 basic steps:
- Basic medical immigration physical exam and mental status evaluation
- Blood Test: All adults (above age 15) are required to have a serologic blood test for Syphilis (RPR).
- Urine Test: All adults (above age 15) are required to have a Neisseria Gonorrhea test.
- Tuberculosis test: As of October 1, 2018 all applicants two years of age and older are required to have an IGRA test. What are the advantages of IGRAs? Requires a single patient visit to conduct the test, Results can be available within 24 hours, Does not boost responses measured by subsequent tests, Prior BCG (bacille Calmette-Guérin) vaccination does not cause a false-positive IGRA test result.
- Proof of vaccinations or blood Titer to prove immunity. Most adults require proof of vaccination for Tetanus-Diphtheria Td (within the last 5 years), Measles, Mumps, Rubella and Varicella (Chicken Pox). Blood Titer is a test that proves that a person has immunity or antibodies for a particular disease. The Immigration Doctor will review your vaccination history with you to determine whether you have all the required vaccinations. The cost of additional vaccinations is not included in the price of the basic exam but they are offered through our office for an additional fee. Please bring all vaccination records to your scheduled appointment for the immigration physical.
After the Immigration Medical Exam
After the immigration medical physical examination is completed, the Doctor will certify Form I-693 with the test results of the immigration medical exam and vaccination history in a sealed enveloped to present to the INS. DO NOT OPEN THE SEALED ENVELOPE. Turn in the envelope with your immigration application. A copy of your blood tests results will be provided for you to keep after results have been discussed with the examining doctor. The examination will only be valid up to a year after the immigration exam date.
The cost of the Immigration Medical Physical Examination is $475 (not including vaccinations) and includes the following:
- Basic Immigration Medical Physical Examination $225
- IGRA Test $150
- Gonorrhea Test $55
- Syphilis Test $45
- Vaccination status verification
- Copies of your laboratory results
- Certified and Sealed I-693 Form
Additional tests listed below are not included in the price of the exam but are offered for an additional fee. This will add to the cost of the exam. Payment is by cash or credit card. We do not accept major medical insurance for all services required for the I-693 Immigration form.
- Vaccine titers
- MMR – $120
- Varicella – $150
- TdaP – $80
- Influenza – $30
- Seasonal Flu Shot (Required during flu season Oct 1 – March 31)
Our goal is to make this process as easy as possible for you. If you have more than one person that needs to get an exam, let us know so we can book you in back-to-back appointments.
All of your medical questions will be answered during your exam. However, feel free to call us if you have more questions or if you would like to make an appointment. Our goal is to get your exam done as quickly as possible for you and with the least cost.
Please be aware that we do not accept major medical insurance for all services required for the I-693 Immigration form. This includes the immigration medical exam, labs and immunizations required for documentation performed at the time of service. Payment for this service is paid directly to Houston Concierge Medicine.
“I thought it was a very nice appointment. He was very kind and approachable. He was respectful of my feelings on things and wishes.”
“Very professional medical office. Seen exactly at my appointment time. Treated well.”